Here’s your Monday Mama Motivator.
Need a little help kicking your ass into gear today? There’s nothing like a solid quote that hits home and knocks you out of your Monday funk.
Even better, here are a bunch of inspirational quotes that I’ve compiled just for super amazing working moms like you (but who need a little reminder every now and then). Let’s get your feet off the ground for work, business, home, baby and everything else that Monday brings!
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. – OPRAH WINFREY
- The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer. – NOLAN BUSHNELL
- When you’re in the thick of raising your kids by yourself, you tend to keep a running list of everything you think you’re doing wrong. I recommend taking a lot of family pictures as evidence to the contrary. – CONNIE SCHULTZ
- I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game’s winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that’s why I succeed. – MICHAEL JORDAN
- Cry if you need to. – WHITNEY SHAFFER
- When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. – HENRY FORD
- Nothing will work unless you do. – MAYA ANGELOU
- There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one. – JILL CHURCHILL
- The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant. – JANE SELLMAN
- Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism. – GILDA RADNER
- Your house will be messy but it’s all worth it. – SARAH RAY
- Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen. – CONAN O’BRIEN
- If you want your children to turn out well, spend twice as much time with them, and half as much money. – ABIGAIL VAN BUREN
- Good things happen when you go for it! – ALAN WEBB
- You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you. – MAYA ANGELOU
So, I don’t have any “quotes” of my own, but I do have a few words to share that’ll hopefully elevate your mood, spark that energy inside you and keep you goin’ all day long.
- Don’t think about it, just do it. If you leave yourself too much time to complain, to wallow in the difficulty, to remember how tired you are, well then even if you do get around to doing what you need to do, you’ll be in a horrid mood to do it.
- Remember, it could always be worse.
- Focus on the positives in your life. All the amazing gifts you have. See the everyday teeny-tiny miracles.
- Know that you’ll feel great when it’s done and you gave it your all.
- Tell yourself you’re amazing.
- Tell your kids they’re amazing.
- Laugh. LOTS.
- Notice the beauty all around you. Trust me, it’s there – we’re just usually too busy to recognize it.
Got a few Monday inspirational words to share?